NPRI LOVES Sharron Angle and Karl Rove

Just browsing around my arch-nemesis website to see who-is-who at the Nevada Policy Research Institute. They seem to like to publish government employee salaries and tell everyone that teachers like me are overpaid and useless. So what do THEY do? Who are THEIR friends? Why do they hate teachers and public education so much? Could Karl Rove and Sharron Angle be NPRI favorites?

I see on the NPRI Board member website there are 13 rich white guys, a white lady, and a Russian hater/founder. Let’s look closer at the Board Members . . .

#1 White Guy: Ranson W. Webster, Chairman (aka internet and biotech investor – Harrah Automobile Collector)
#2 White Guy: Fred D. Gibson, Jr., Vice Chairman (aka director of Cashman Equipment Company – Miner)
#3 White Guy: George Balaban, Secretary/Treasurer (aka 150 Taxi Cab Owner)
#4 White Guy: Jim Bahan, (aka Anderson Dairyman)
#5 White Guy: Bill Brady, (aka Assemblyman/Casino man)
#6 White Guy: Rick Crawford, (aka Green Valley Grocery man)
#7 White Guy: Norman Dianda, (aka Q&D Construction man)
#8 White Guy: Bruce James, (aka chairman of the Nevada Spending and Government Efficiency (SAGE) and/or King of Printing)
#9 White Guy: Monte Miller, (aka CEO of KeyState Corporate Management)
#10 White Guy: Byron Mills, (aka lawyer)
#11 White Guy: Thomas J. Powell, (aka CEO of ELP Capital – banker)
#12 White Guy: Gary Vause, (aka Daycare and Casino Owner)
#13 White Guy: William P. Weidner, (aka former President Las Vegas Sands Corp)
White Lady: Marel Giolito (aka CEO Credit Bureau Central, collection lady)
Russian Hater and Founder: Judy Cresanta, NPRI Founder

OK. . . I think I’m beginning to get the clear “rich white guy” picture of the “rich white guy” true agenda. It might explain a little bit about the misinformation and dishonest twisted numbers they publish. Could these “rich white guys” have a nefarious and selfish intent? Who writes for them?

Looky here . . . they have famous people writing for them. Chuck Muth! Sharron Angle! Fun, fun, fun!

Looky here . . . Karl Rove comes to speak to them! Fun, fun, fun!

Is that former Governor Gibbons introducing Karl Rove at a NPRI event and he’s claiming to be from Nevada?

Could it be these “rich white guys” are being slanted with all their charts and numbers? Or do you think the information they present to the legislature might be tainted with “rich white guy” bias?

Perhaps all these “rich white business guys” don’t have compassion for the little guy in the state of Nevada . . . because they aren’t one? Is it a surprise there is a miner, banker, lawyer, casino owner, real estate investor, and construction owner on the NPRI board?

Perhaps they don’t have the public school student’s best interest at their core?

I think as a teacher of diverse urban students in North Las Vegas Nevada, I have a real problem with this much money, organization, and personnel lobbying against public education in our state, publishing crap as truth, and pushing financial extremism. So let’s look at the staff. . .

The staff which includes: President Sharon J. Rossie (aka the Canadian), Vice President Steven Miller (the political cartoonist), and Eric Davis (the UNLV student who controls the transparency site).

I’m a little irritated that an UNLV student is publishing my salary – which is still wrong by the way. Perhaps Sharon knows the miners stealing Nevada’s gold – they are Canadians too? At least Steven Miller can draw something funny to keep all the teachers entertained while NPRI stabs us in the back.

Take your Karl-Rove-Worshiping-Sharron-Angle-Loving-Rich-White-Guys and put them where the sun don’t shine on Chuck Muth. Down with Nevada Research Policy Institute!

27 comments
Angie Sullivan
CONTRIBUTOR
PROFILE

Posts Carousel

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

27 Comments

• Ed
    August 7, 2011, 11:49 am

Angie – If you don’t like your salary being posted, don’t work for the government.

As a taxpayer – I want to know where my money is going and how it is spent.

You can harp all you want about these individuals but they do provide a service to the State of Nevada: JOBS

Obviously you are missing the point here that success is from hard work and dedication – just wish Nevada students were receiving the same lesson. From what I read above, you make it out like each of them is greedy.

Shame on you and shame on the system.

• Dahn Shaulis@Ed
      August 7, 2011, 12:51 pm

Ed7, ok let’s publish the salaries of public officials. But if we want a real transparent Nevada, shouldn’t we know which people and which corporations are getting huge tax breaks to sponsor an organization that undermines public school teachers, public service workers, and public college students? All we know is that NPRI got $50K in funds in 2006 from the conservative Cato Institute, where the billionaire Koch Brothers have dumped some of their “charity.” And we also know that NPRI does not deny that it gets money from Shelden Adelson or the Las Vegas Sands.

• Angie Sullivan@Dahn Shaulis
        August 7, 2011, 1:22 pm

I’m confused . . . is NPRI a charity or a lobbying group? What does NPRI pay in taxes? Who is funding them?

• Angie Sullivan
    August 7, 2011, 12:08 pm

I would LOVE for my CORRECT salary to be posted. In fact, I would love to type in to the database and SEE Governor Sandoval’s salary. OR his staff. AND EVERYONE I have spoken to as a government employee. . . says their salary is NOT accurate.

It is NOT a service to me or anyone else to publish my SALARY incorrectly on a website.

You can walk up to the table at any school board meeting and SEE my real salary in the large stack they keep right outside the door.

SHAME ON NPRI for publishing misinformation, missing information, and inaccuracies. Someone needs to call them on their lies!

• Angie Sullivan
    August 7, 2011, 12:12 pm

I’m a taxpayer too. And I PAY all my taxes. I am not lobbying as a NON-PROFIT organization.

• Ed
    August 7, 2011, 1:55 pm

NPRI acts just like your good friends over at PLAN – they both fall into the same category

#whatsthekettlecoloragain?

• Angie Sullivan@Ed
      August 7, 2011, 2:09 pm

You seem to know a lot about it – what is your salary and who pays it?

• Ed@Angie Sullivan
        August 7, 2011, 7:12 pm

Angie – I have no salary from NPRI or PLAN. As stated, I am taxpayer concerned about our state and the education our kids are receiving.

Again, I wish our kids would receive an education focused on hard work paying off and not criticizing successful individuals in the State.

I could be narrow-minded and say that I appreciate the Governor taking control of the Dept of Education, so teachers like yourself who are more concerned about your job than teaching our kids should find a new line of work. But I do not know your performance score (Hmmm, maybe NPRI should request that info next) so I will not criticize that aspect.

I just wish your rant/focus was in the classroom than some pitiful rant about some individuals and group who act as watchdog for Nevada’s taxpayers.

• Angie Sullivan@Ed
          August 7, 2011, 10:53 pm

Who do you work for – publish your real name and salary?

• Angie Sullivan@Ed
          August 7, 2011, 10:58 pm

Sadly Ed . . I am a great teacher who is on summer vacation. I usually have a second job but the economy is bad, guess Sandoval the “job creator” only fires government employees and didn’t actually create anything.

When school starts again on August 24th – my blogging will be more limited.

And as an adult. I’m allowed to have a personal life and an opinion. Which is all that I’m publishing here – an opinion.

Stay on topic rather than degrading me and we could actually begin a dialogue.

• Jennifer J. Reed@Ed
          August 7, 2011, 11:01 pm

Ed7: You mean as watchdogs for rich white guys? Who circulate the money they’ve made within the same small circles to use as tax breaks to promote policy that keeps other people down? Insecure much? Where is their sense of true entrepreneurship? The “free market” principles they supposedly promote would welcome competition to spur healthy innovation instead of paying for the good ole boys’ club business as usual.

• Dahn Shaulis@Ed
      August 7, 2011, 9:41 pm

Ed7, is PLAN a 501c3 charity? Sounds like the IRS needs to look at NPRI.

• Angie Sullivan@Dahn Shaulis
      August 7, 2011, 10:40 pm

Did you click on the ROE FOUNDATION and then Edwin J. Feulner?

Edwin J. Feulner is the co-founder and president of the Heritage Foundation. According to his Heritage profile, he is responsible from taking the organization from “nine-member staff working out of a rented office on Capitol Hill in 1977 to a 255-person organization occupying three office buildings near the U.S. Capitol today.” Source Watch notes that Feulner was recruited to the presidential position by right-wing donor Richard M. Scaife in 1977. The Heritage foundation currently drives a significant portion of the conservative agenda in Washington, DC. In addition his responsibilities at the Heritage Foundation, Feulner is an officer and director at three “grant-making foundations: The Sarah Scaife Foundation, the Aequus Foundation, and the Thomas A. Roe Foundation. All three are known for their heavy funding of right-wing and conservative institutions. Feulner is consistently cited as one of the most influential conservatives in America.

• Angie Sullivan@Angie Sullivan
        August 7, 2011, 10:54 pm

Wasn’t I reading about Heritage Foundation being investigated for this sort of thing somewhere?

• Angie Sullivan@Dahn Shaulis
      August 7, 2011, 10:41 pm

Or click on State Policy Network – 501(c)(3) nonprofit
      Employer Identification Number: 57-0952531

Founded in 1992, the State Policy Network aims to build a fifty-state network of free-market think tanks that are the most effective, widely respected and successful policy research and education institutions in their respective states. The group is by invitation-only and has over 130 members, in all 50 states. The group helps think tanks by providing leadership training, providing mentoring and recruiting and advising members on strategic marketing.

• Anna Hobbs@Angie Sullivan
        August 8, 2011, 11:46 am

Angie! You go girl!…I am so with you all the way!…this is just a underhanded way to deceive the voters of Nevada! They are just a small piece of the puzzle! They have invented a long term strategy to steal the educational rights from Nev. Teachers and students for their own self interest…They have a master plan and is creating Chaos in the local level to take you away from the Governmental sector!…The small pieces of the puzzle is beginning to come together to make the big picture!…They really think the Nev. voter is not very bright! They are counting on it!